Our Favourite Recipes
Meatloaf with sauteed onion, garlic, sweet pepper and tomatoes
Meatloaf, sauteed mushroom, mashed potatoes, vegetable salad, and vegan egg rolls
- 1-1/2 cups cooked Bulgar wheat
- 1-1/2 cups mashed chickpeas
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon beef-like seasoning
- 1 tablespoon yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tablespoon gluten flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon almond flour.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cayenne /black pepper optional
- Saute onion, garlic, celery, and sweet pepper
- add all the powdered seasonings and Braggs liquid aminos to sauteed seasonings with salt and yeast flakes
- Combine mashed chickpeas with cooked bulgar and shredded carrots
- add sauteed seasonings and mix in thoroughly
- Mix in the gluten flour and make sure it is evenly distributed
- Add bread crumbs and almond flour and mix in thoroughly
- Pour into a greased baking tin and press down with a spoon
- bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes
- Top with barbecue sauce and bake for another 10 minutes
Tips: Drain chickpeas and crush thoroughly. When the gluten is added, mix it in for several turns to help develop the gluten. Make sure to press the mixture into the tin to get a firmer loaf. You can substitute the Braggs Liquid Aminos with Soy sauce
Sauteed Mushroom Recipe
- Portobello or Crimini Mushrooms
- chopped onion
- chopped garlic
- sweet peppers
- garlic and onion powder
- Braggs Liquid Aminos
Cut mushrooms about 1 in thick, and season with onion powder, garlic powder, and liquid aminos. Let it stand for about 30 minutes. Saute garlic, onion, and pepper, add mushrooms and continue to saute, stir and keep stirring until mushroom is softened and to your taste. Serve with white rice and beans or mash potatoes with a garden salad.
This is a twist to my once favorite Jamaican Escoveich fish. So my Jamaican friends will know what to do to create this tasty alternative to fish.
- 1/2 block super firm tofu cut and seasoned to taste
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1/4 medium sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- scotch bonnet pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos/Soy sauce
- Cut and season tofu to taste. Usually, I will cut into squares, then add my favorite seasonings( basil, garlic onion powder, Italian seasoning, sriracha) add 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos and toss tofu until the pieces are covered and the Braggs soaks through. I store it in the refrigerator and use an amount whenever I need it. This gives it time to absorb the seasoning and add to the flavor when cooked.
- Place in an air fryer or oven at 400 degrees for about 10 -15 minutes until crispy ( to your liking) or place in a regular oven and bake at 400 degrees F
- Slice onion, sweet pepper, carrot, and scotch bonnet pepper as seen on the cutting board below.
- Saute vegetables in oil until onion is translucent on medium heat
- add apple cider vinegar and stir in salt to taste.
- Increase heat to high and allow some of the vinegar to dry out
- Pour over prepared tofu and allow the mixture to sit for about 5- 15 minutes so that tofu absorbs the flavor. Enjoy! ( Please note that this is a spicy, tangy dish, if you do not like the spice, do not use the scotch bonnet pepper)
I serve my Eschoviech tofu with brown rice and peas, but you can serve it however you wish. It is excellent as finger food or hors d’oeuvres. For that fish taste, you can use black salt and dulse flakes in your seasoning.
Sliceable /Spreadable Cheese
- 2 cups water
- 3-6 teaspoons agar powder
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 red sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder ( or 1/4 medium onion)
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Boil water and agar powder , stir occasionally
- place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- pour into a container and place in the refrigerator to chill
- slice when it becomes firm
- Note; to get a firmer cheese you can add more agar powder
- Can last in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks
Tofu Coconut Custard
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu seasoned to taste
- milk from 1 dried coconut
- 1 medium onion, sweet pepper, thyme, green onion, garlic
- Himalayan pink salt(to taste), Italian seasoning, basil (to your taste), tumeric (or Indian curry)
- Season tofu to taste. I tofu cut in small pieces, soak in saltwater for about 20 minutes, dry with a paper towel, and add powdered seasonings siracha, smoked paprika, garlic, and onion powder and set aside for another 30 minutes, or overnight so that tofu will absorb the seasoning.
- Place in an air fryer or oven for about 20 minutes at 450 degrees until crispy,( to your liking), and turn the pieces halfway through baking
- Combine coconut milk with all the seasonings and cook over medium heat until the custard and oil start to separate. I usually make my own coconut milk by blending the meat (the white part inside the shell) of dried coconut with warm water and squeezing out the juice through a strainer.
- Add tofu to custard and serve over rice or potatoes or roasted breadfruit, or soft tacos or roti. You can also add mixed vegetables; be creative! Deeeeelicious!
Please note that this is so good, that you may want to eat it all in one sitting! BUT it may add some weight.