Vegan Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups shredded zucchini ( about 2 large zucchini)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed and 1/2 cup water as egg substitute
- 1/2 cup each of walnut, cranberries, raisins
- 3 cups flour (1 + 1/2 cup each of whole wheat and white unbleached)
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon each of baking powder and baking soda
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- Blend together coconut oil, bananas, dates and vanilla until smooth and somewhat fluffy
- Blend flaxseed and water for a minute in magic bullet and mix in the coconut oil and banana mixture until thoroughly combined
- Add walnuts, cranberries and raisins to mixture
- Mix in shredded zucchini and set aside
- Combine flour, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl and mix until evenly distributed
- Fold flour mixture into oil banana mixture
- Pour into a greased, lined baking tin
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until a knife comes out of the center clean
Hints and Tips
- This is not very sweet, I don’t use sugar, so you may want to substitute 1 and 1/2 cup sugar for the bananas and dates, if you use sugar and like your cake very sweet. Or you can add more dates for a sweeter taste.
- If mixture is too runny, you can add more flour but, remember to add more baking powder in proportion.
- If the Zucchini is on the drier side, you may add less flour. Or, add water to the zucchini and drain through a sieve or strainer. This way, the Zucchini will absorb some water.